Find out what we are currently up to by reading our latest newsletter!
Live performances will always remain our top priority. As we navigate a return to regular gatherings and safe in-person singing once again, our focus over the coming months will be on building our vocal stamina and stage-readiness. Some of our recording and performance plans – with an emphasis on new, local, as-yet-unperformed music – include:
- A brand-new musical setting of TS Eliot’s The Hollow Men, composed by Jonathan Blair, for a project with Johannesburg-based artist Mikhael Subotzky.
- Weggewerp, a cycle of four Afrikaans poems composed for us by Hans Huyssen (and one of which we have already recorded as a virtual choir).
- The Highest Throne, a song written by Patric van Blerk and Richard Hartley (whom you may recognise as the composer of the Rocky Horror Show).
- Missa Desolata, a new work by Martin Watt in memory of the late Peter Klatzow.
- A new commission from Denise Onen inspired by the Karoo landscape that fuses Afro-Classical, percussive and technological elements.
We are always keeping an eye out for fresh ideas, approaches and performance venues and so we encourage you to share your suggestions with us!
Be the first to hear about VOX Cape Town’s activities and performances! Sign up to our mailing list by clicking here.