VOX ON AIR: RADIO BROADCASTS
VOX Cape Town enjoys a special relationship with local classical and jazz community radio station, Fine Music Radio (FMR). This includes an annual broadcast of the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols on Christmas Eve as well as various live and pre-recorded broadcasts throughout the year. Keep an eye on our list of broadcasts below. All times are given in South African Standard Time (UCT+02:00).
Fine Music Radio broadcasts on 101.3 FM in Cape Town, 107.9 FM in Fish Hoek and Noordhoek, 94.7 FM in Hout Bay and Llandudno, 97.1 FM on the Atlantic Seaboard, DStv Audio Channel 838 and worldwide on www.fmr.co.za.
- Thursday 24 October 2019 (20h00-21h30): Fine Music Radio presents, for the first time, a complete live recording of the Stabat Mater by Karl Jenkins. The recording, which captures the beauty and drama of this symphonic masterpiece, was made during our performance with Stadskoor Tygerberg and the Cantique Chamber Choir. It features soloist Minette du Toit-Pearce and a host of top instrumentalists conducted by Linda Claassen in the magnificent acoustic of St George’s Cathedral. This entire choral and orchestral journey to solace will be featured in “Symphony Concert”, preceded by a listening guide presented by John Woodland.
- Tuesday 24 December 2019 (20h00-21h00): For the fourth year in a row, VOX Cape Town will broadcast a recording of its Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols on FMR.
- Christmas Eve: Since 2016, VOX Cape Town has broadcasted a locally-inspired recording of the famous Nine Lessons and Carols on Christmas Eve. Read more about these broadcasts on Fine Music Radio.
- Friday 21 September 2018: VOX Cape Town participated in the opening concert of the Cape Town Baroque Festival, “Glorious Baroque”, that was broadcast live on Fine Music Radio from St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church in Cape Town.
- Saturday 27 January 2018: VOX Cape Town participated in the Cape Town Concert Series performance “Mozart Winds” that was broadcast live on Fine Music Radio from the Baxter Concert Hall.